LES GÎTES DE LA MOTTE
First check the weather :-)
All kinds of activities are possible :
- Sports: walking, bicycling, climbing, obstacle courses...
- Cultural: museums, galleries, the popes palace, Roman cities, Abbey Senanque ...
- Artists: Festival d'Avignon, choregies Orange, Carpentras Festival, local markets and craft fairs ...
- Culinary: the markets of Bedoin, Isle sur Sorgue, Carpentras and Apt and all the good restaurants in the region ...
- The Wine Road: Gigondas, Vacqueyras, Cairanne, Chateauneuf du Pape ...
- Tourism: the gorges of the Nesque, Mont Ventoux, Fontaine de Vaucluse, Gordes, St Remy de Provence ...
Activities near the cottage:
For children and adults, visit la petite ferme with all his animals.
An original outing in an off-road electric scooter with Troteecime à Mormoiron.
Guided walks and prepared trail.
For adventurers, Hiking trails from de Villes sur Auzon.
Le Mont Ventoux:
Mont-Ventoux, nick-named the Giant of Provence or the Bald Mountain, is the culminating point of the Vaucluse mountains. Detached from the Alps like an outpost, overlooking the plain of the upper contat to 1.912 m. Due to its particular situation and its rich fauna and flora, Mont Ventoux is a rich and fragile environment, as evidenced by its ranking as a biosphere reserve by UNESCO and the Natura 2000 by the European Union .
Ballad of Ochre:
A very beautiful walk in the shade of pines and oak woods in the old ochre quarry
of Villes sur Auzon, you will discover magnificent rocky cliffs of red and yellow ochres. As
you enter the "sitos du Vallat", you will find yourself in a small narrow canyon that winds for 250 meters where you can discover
many sculptures and carvings on the walls of purple ochre ...
And why not finish the walk by the lake, des Salettes de Mormoiron, where you can swim and relax with a picnic.
The Provencal markets' reputation is well known, especially in our region. For several centuries it was dubbed "the garden of France ".
Markets are a festival of tastes, smells, sounds, meetings ...
Spices, thyme, bay leaves, lavender, olives, strawberries, cherries, melons, the list is endless ... So many products to discover and enjoy with your family.
We recommend the Bedoin market every Monday morning, and that of Carpentras on Friday, the Isle sur la Sorgue on Sunday morning followed by the flea market in the afternoon.
Here a list of the regional markets.